Mazda CX-7

Discussions sur tout ce qui touche le domaine de l'automobile. Que ce soit le lancement d'une nouvelle voiture ou d'un concept, les ventes mensuelles des manufacturiers ou autres nouvelles les touchant, c'est ici que ça se discute.
Forum rules
- AVIS IMPORTANT -
Les propos tenus sur le forum de ce site n'engagent que leurs auteurs et ne sont en aucun cas sous la responsabilité de AutoZoneQuébec.com ou d'Essai-Auto.com. Nous nous réservons le droit d'effacer tout message jugé désobligeant ou offensant.
Imprez
Re: Mazda CX-7

Post by Imprez » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Voici son explication :
Natedogg wrote:I'm writing this because of something that I see as becoming an issue on all GDI engines. This will affect turbo GDI engines faster than N/A GDI, but it will be an issue regardless.

Let me start by saying if you need to ask what a PCV system is, use Google. Otherwise this article will be far too long and I'll be up all night writing. I like writing and all, but I like sleep better.

Here's the quick explanation. The crankcase vent air that goes through the PCV contains oil vapor. That vapor normally ends up in your intake track and some of it gets burned. The rest of it collects on the inside of the intake manifold, the back of the throttle body, the intake ports, and the intake valves and bakes on over time.

On a port injected vehicle, the injectors are spraying on the back side of the valves and parts of the intake ports and helps keep them clean.

This is a very well known issue with gas direct injection engines. Some owners report a major loss of power and others report that it runs like a diesel. The only way to remove it is to remove the intake manifold, pour some strong engine cleaner like Seafoam or B-12 Chemtool into the ports, let them soak, then remove the liquid and use a small brass wire brush on a drill do break it up. This is costly if you can't do it yourself and it's time consuming if you do.

How do we fix that you ask? You need a good quality catch can. The catch can goes in between the PCV valve and the intake manifold. A good quality catch can has baffles so as the air moves though it, the oil vapor can condense and drip to the bottom while the air moves through it and out without the vapor. You then empty it every oil change. Do NOT reuse the oil from a catch can. It contains not only oil vapor, but fuel, water, and who knows what other byproducts of combustion that don't belong in your crankcase.

-Nate
2012 Hyundai Veloster

lemarin

Re: Mazda CX-7

Post by lemarin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:05 pm

Me semblait que ta Maxima t'en donnait amplement ? C'est quoi au juste cette envie soudaine de changer d'autos aux 3 mois ? J'suis pas sur de comprendre l'idée,....
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 2017 Brillant Black
Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 2011 convertible Kona blue (sold)
BMW M3 2017 Yas Marina blue
Chevrolet Camaro RS 1969 Daytona Yellow
Tesla 3 2018 (ordered)